Special Olympics Bharat
Special Olympics Bharat is an officially recognized programme of Special Olympics International which operates in India.It was founded in 1987 as Special Olympics India , and changed its name to Special Olympics Bharat in 2001.It is recognized by the government of India as a National Sports Federation for the development of sports opportunity for the people with intellectual disabilities. The special Olympics Bharat programme has so far drawn a number of coaches to work with 850875 athletes across the country. Special Olympics Bharat is a National Sports Federation also registered under the Indian Trust Act 1882 in 2001 and is accredited by Special Olympics International to conduct Special Olympics Programs in India. It is recognized by the Government of India as a National Sports Federation in the Priority Category, for development of Sports for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities, and is a designated Nodal Agency for all disabilities on account of its national presence and experience, especially in rural areas which account for nearly 75 per cent of the disabled population in India.
Activities By Aastha special School
1. Vocational activities: Rakhi making is organised by our Divyang children and adults with D.Ed SE MR students/trainees for sale purpose. Candle making is also organised by our Divyang children and adults for sale purpose on Diwali occasion. Art and craft exhibitions are organised to showcase the talent of our divyang children and adults. Paper bag making is also done by our divyang adults.
2. Pre-diwali celebrations: every year on Diwali we celebrate the occasion with immense pleasure and fun organised with cultural programme by our divyang children and adults. Through this occasion of lights we try reach out to every special child with a new ray of hope.
3. Childrens day celebrations: we celebrate 14th November with great fun and frolic. We make our divyang children feel loved and special by organising party games and dance for them.
4. Christmas celebrations: on 25th December every year we celebrate Christmas and spread hope,love and happiness around us.
5. Lohri celebrations: we celebrate lohri festival with our divyang children by lighting fire and eating sweets and enjoying the occasion.
6. Holi celebrations: we along with our divyang children celebrate the festival of colours ‘Holi’ with immense pleasure by putting colours and spreading colours through our lives.